Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Plants are good. Plants are great. For them to grow I'll have to wait...


Yeah, that was a lame attempt at some plant prose, but since I haven't posted in a while, thought I'd just give you a sampling of some plant varieties I've grown fond of, for various reasons. The above image is one that I am anxious to get my mits on, but I haven't been able to find it around here. It's supposed to attract hummingbirds and smells like Juicy Fruit gum to boot! I will take pictures of my current plants and post soon, but for now here are some stock images:


Celosia - Blooms are so vibrant and colorful and last forever


Licorice Basil - Smells great and has some interesting blooms


Geraniums - Colorful, hearty and seem to be everblooming


Aloe Vera - Kind of a family plant. My Grandfather gave me some of his Aloe Vera plants years ago and taught me how to raise' em right. I still have those plants, and then some...


Spearmint/Peppermint - Smell delicious and the Peppermint has to be the most agressive herb I've seen. I've got tentacles growing over the sides of the pot just looking to root. Kind of cool actually, but they will have to stay in pots.


Lavender/French Lavender - Such wonderful smelling plants, and they have very interesting blooms on them

If the feeling takes you there, leave a comment or suggestion. I wonder how many comments I will get? So many.